February Inspiration


2.02.2017


So, I have been really trying (for the whole one month we've had so far in 2017...lol) to pick one quote a month to try and live by. I really love looking up and finding new quotes. Inspirational sayings are my absolute fav. I have decided to find a scripture too. I have been having a hard time sticking to my daily scripture reading/studying. I think that maybe if I focus on one specific scripture each month, I will be able to remember to read each day.


My reasoning behind picking the above quote is decluttering. Hamilton and I have been discussing becoming more minimalistic a ton lately. This will definitely be more difficult for me than him, but we are going to go into this together and push each other. Our home is so cluttered and we really need to eliminate some stuff. I am picking this quote to really push us into the right direction.
So far we have gone through our clothes and I have gotten rid of a few other things that I just really don't use. I tried to get rid of some books, but I can't. I collect books and they make me so happy. I absolutely love having full bookshelves, soo I decided that those are things I don't need to get rid of. If they bring me joy, there is no reason to get rid of them (channeling my inner Emily Gilmore.) Our next declutter battle is going to be our front porch. If you didn't know us and you were to just look onto our porch, you would think we were hoarders....that is not fun and I'm ready to make a change. I also love how much lighter and happier I am already feeling just from getting rid of a few things.


The scripture I chose has a deep meaning to me. I love it so much and somehow this is the one that always pops up on my Pinterest, or in a Sunday school lesson right when I need it most. I know that as long as I am following the promptings of the spirit and Heavenly Father, I won't fall.
- He will lift me up when I'm struggling.
- He will pull me out of the darkness when I turn to him.
- He will sustain me in all I do when I look to Him for help.
- He will surround me with His love when I am not feeling loved.
I need these reminders more often than I would like to admit, but it is amazing to me how much Heavenly Father knows me. He knows when I am needing an extra push and He is right there to push and pull me towards greatness. My current calling in the church has put some stress and worries on me, but I know that as long as I turn to him with that, He will help me so much!

I really love that I am doing this monthly because I live my life by quotes! I read so many quotes on the daily and they help me feel inspired in all aspects of my life. It's a super cheesy thing about me, but oh well! I don't care! I also think this will help me to grow as a person so much.
Anyways, if any of you are doing this too, let me know which quotes or scriptures you are using this month!


xoxo, Jacquelyn

Post a Comment

birkeland life © . Quinn Creatives .