Inspire


1.20.2017

I am one of those people who could sit on Pinterest for hours and hours looking up inspirational quotes. They speak to me on a deep level. They have helped me to grow and learn new things about myself. They invoke some major thinking and soul searching sometimes, and it's always good to do that sometimes. 
So, anyways, here are just a few of my favorites. These are the ones that have really been speaking to me on a whole new level and I have loved getting to know myself better through them.
 // I'm not here looking for sympathy or to whine about all the bad things. I will say that I've been dealt a decently bad hand, at times. I also know that after every bad thing, an even more amazing thing has happened. I strongly believe that things happen for a reason. The bad things lead to the good things. I love the life I'm living and I know that I have been brought to this point, doing the things I'm doing for a specific reason.
 // Grow where you are. It doesn't matter what is going on or where you are living, grow. As an individual, I know that I need to continue to grow. In my relationships, I know that we must continue to grow. Honestly, I need this reminder on a daily basis. I get into routines and I stop growing. Then I start thinking and I know that I need to change things up a little. Go on a hike, go camping, do anything that is NEW! When I think about how far I've come; I know that I need to keep going and never stop. Don't just grow, thrive!
 // This is the biggest thing to me. I want to inspire people and I want people to know that it's okay to NOT be okay. I have had so many days where I wasn't okay, but I'm still here. I still push through and try every single day. I want to be someone my nieces and nephews can look up to. I want to be someone that people can look up to.
 // This one is really hard for me. I was never the adventurous one. I have always played things safe, and that got real boring real fast. But then, I met Hamilton! The very first time we hung out we climbed a billboard. Yeah, I know! Crazy! He has helped shape me into the person I am. We went camping and hiking for the first time about a year ago, and I got the bug! He has helped me step out of my comfort zone so much! I couldn't be more grateful. I have grown to love nature on a whole new level.
 // This one kind of goes with my previous point, but my absolute FAVORITE thing is to be silent in nature. Whether I am sitting at the beach, hiking through the forest, swimming in the ocean, or sitting on my roof, I always feel so at peace. Being outside, in the quiet, is the only thing that can make a bad day a good one sometimes. I have found it extra calming lately. I've been struggling but going for walks at the local parks or at the boardwalk, have been helping me so much.
 // This one talks deeply to my soul. Let It Be by the Beatles was a song I grew up on. 
     "And though the night is cloudy, There is still a light that shines on me, Shine until tomorrow, let it       be." 
I have loved this song and known all the words since I was probably 8. It gives me a sense of peace and it can calm me down as soon as I hear the beginning. 
 // I aim to admire the stars, trees, clouds, and all things in the sky. I love to be distracted by the amazing world around me. Nature is such a beautiful thing and something that is so under appreciated by so many, including me. This means more to me than that, though. It also means looking up to Heavenly Father. I know He is always looking down on me and trying to lead me on the path I need to be on. I have fallen off many times, but He is always there to pick me up and push me along. I know that when I am doing my part, He will meet me more than halfway.


This is kind of a different post for me, but I hope you liked the switch up!

xoxo, Jacquelyn

Post a Comment

birkeland life © . Quinn Creatives .